Yoga is physical exercise that integrates mind, body and spirit. Yoga is a way of encountering and releasing physical, mental and emotional tensions to arrive at deeper levels of relaxation and awareness.
We are delighted to have you as a yoga student. The following information will help you get the most out of your yoga classes and clarify your instructor’s role. Please read and sign below.
By choosing to participate in any class, workshop or clinic, you voluntarily, knowingly and expressly assume the risk of any injury. The following guidelines may help you to reduce that risk:
• Listen to and follow your instructor carefully
• Breathe smoothly and continuously as you move and stretch
• Do not hold your breath or strain to attain any posture
• Work gently, respecting your body’s abilities and limits
• Do not perform postures or movements that are painful
• If you are unsure of how to perform any movement, ask your instructor for assistance/direction
• Pregnant women should practice only gentle forms of yoga and should refrain from inversions, laying on the belly or the back, and compressing the belly
• Menstruating women may wish to refrain from practicing inversions
1) Consult your physician before engaging in any exercise program. Inform your instructor of any health condition(s) that may affect or be affected by your practice of yoga. You represent and warrant that you are physically fit, and have no medical condition that would prevent your full participation in any yoga class.
2) It is your responsibility to monitor each activity to determine whether it is appropriate for you. Although your instructor will guide you, you remain solely responsible for your safety and well-being.
3) In consideration for your participation in any class, workshop and/or clinic, and by siging this form, you, your heirs, your assigns and your legal representatives hereby forever release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, indemnify and hold harmless Michelle Lynn Fabbrini, Zin-Zen, LLC and Zin-Zen Yoga and their owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, members, managers, partners, instructors and representatives from all injuries, damages, losses, expenses, attorney’s fees, settlements, liabilities, claims, suites and causes of action which may result therefrom, and which may affect you and/or the above mentioned entities.
4) Each instructor reserves the right to refuse participation by any student who behaves in any dangerous, threatening, distressing or disruptive manner.
5) If you do not wish to receive physical assistance, it is your responsibility to so inform the instructor(s).
I have read the above Disclosure and Release Form and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.